Senior Strategy Officer
Its original thinkers that have changes history throughout the years. Within media – it was us!
The Story of Mindshare is one of speed, teamwork and provocation. Our culture is routed in our desire to constantly change and evolve. We are designed to be both open source and the first truly global media network. We will challenge you to break the rules, reject concepts and rebuild them even better, and reinvent the impossible. Passion and Grit is how we are described. Living our values has always defined us. One global family, trying to change the world – the only question, are you ready?
As a Senior Strategy Officer at Mindshare, you design communications strategies that create meaningful interactions between people and brands, providing the critical foundation for how we can be agile and brands can thrive.
Your responsibility is to link the business strategy to a communication strategy, and translate the communications strategy into an optimal and integrated framework that identifies the key elements (e.g. channels, content formats) that are needed to bring the plan to life.
The Senior Strategy Officer works closely with Insights and Analytics. Fueled with consumer learning from the Consumer Insight Manager, you mine for insights that feeds the design of actionable communication strategies that explain how, when, where and with what format of content, that the consumer will experience the brand.
You play a vital role in bringing our clients, internal teams and external partners together. You are a doer, a person who wants to and needs to be knee deep in the process, meeting with creative and media teams, mining for insights, interfacing with clients and identifying opportunities daily.
We offer you..
· To be a highly collaborative team player that proactively interacts and participates with different teams across the agency, across our partners and our clients.
· To develop your leadership skills that keep you involved in an on-going dialogue about the business and helps you to drive through complex projects confidently and autonomously.
· To have a POV and inspire and captivate your teams as you explain your work, as well as teach and mentor your peers.
· A possibility to share great work, locally and globally, produced by yourself and by others.
· A workplace where you can be a critical thinker who distinguish between “observations” and real insights and be prepared to go “off road” with creative thinking to develop opportunities that will drive fresh, new strategic approaches that drive clients’ business forward.
· To explore your curiosity of how people, interact with content that leads to proactively seeking out new industry developments, new partners and media innovation and breakthrough technologies to utilize in planning.
· The possibility to embrace marketing science, analytics and tools that add rigor to strategic recommendations
· A chance to be part of a crew that breathes “Passion & Grit”
What you’ve already conquered:
· Significant experience in communications planning, strategic planning, or account planning (media or creative agency)
· A track record of collaboration leading to results
· Practical knowledge of communications planning frameworks
· Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
· Confident and compelling story-telling, both written and verbal
· Effective application of different types of data feeds to build a story
· A broad but practical understanding of insights and business planning tools
· Experience mining for insights and creating strategies across markets
· Understanding of media sophistication/nuances across markets
· Comprehensive understanding of communications formats across channels
· Working in close partnership with industry leading media partners
· Leading alignment and strategic oriented workshops with clients and agency partners
· Experience of working with tight deadlines and under pressure
You are more than welcome to send in your application, CV and personal letter,
We are a global media agency network with billings in excess of US$31.4 billion (source: RECMA) and our network consists of more than 7,000 employees, in 116 offices across 86 countries. Mindshare is part of GroupM, which oversees the media investment management sector for WPP, the world’s leading communications services group. Mindshare Sweden has 60 employees where 14 of them are based in the Gothenburg office.