Planning Director Edelman Deportivo
Edelman Deportivo is an award-winning boutique agency that. Is 100% owned by Edelman. The agency has been named the “Bravest and best agency on the planet in 2017” (by Contagious) and we take huge proud in the term “bravest”. Because when you live and breath to create norm-breaking communication that becomes part of culture, you have to have the bravest clients. And we can only have brave clients if we create strategies and creative platforms that they feel secure with. And that is where our next Planning Director will make all the difference.
We are looking for an individual that loves to challenge the way things were always done. Someone who believes in the power of culture and how things become interesting and meaningful. And perhaps most important of all – someone who is constantly curious and a true team-player.
• Determine priorities and develop /challenge the brief; set the bar for depth of insights and creative approach.
• Use a curious research driven approach to develop the right questions, be an aggregator and help us stand apart at the table.
• Explore the intersection of culture, brands and audiences from new angles to arrive at deeper insights, more provocative marketing strategies and breakthrough brand-building platforms.
• Brainstorm new and creative growth strategies for clients
• Manage a portfolio of accounts and ensure overall performance of client campaigns
• Demonstrate success in supporting business growth through new client wins and increased reach within existing clients
• Work directly with clients and prospects, gaining their trust, and inspiring them to take the right risks so they may become known for brand 'firsts' that wow their consumers and audiences, while ensuring their professional success.
• Brief and collaborates with Creative Directors and their teams.
• Is an active partner to New Business team and Account leads, developing prospecting and pitch materials.
• At least eight years of extensive experience in an account or brand planning role at an advertising, digital, integrated marketing or PR agency
• Experience in planning, insight and analysis, with significant experience in applicable practice/sector.
• Experience in an integrated marketing, advertising, digital or public relations agency setting.
• Ability to develop big ideas into communications frameworks.
• Familiarity with agency planning models and capabilities.
• Solid grasp of brand strategy and brand equity assessment.
• Ability to consult on primary research and lead secondary research (based on core research skills such as designing and executing ethnographies, focus groups and brand workshops, as well as data analysis.)
• Proven track record of building effective interpersonal relationships with direct reports, strategy, creative and account management colleagues, leadership and clients.
• Strong presentation skills, ability to articulate smart and sometimes complex solutions in a straightforward and lucid manner to a variety of internal and external audiences.
• Understands role that PR and social media play in the overall communications marketing mix.
Please send your application, CV and a personal letter via the link below. The interviews and selection process will be ongoing. For more information regarding the role please contact Lotta Romney or Sarah Rudberg.